Chip Quik Surface Mount Desoldering Kit
This kit contains everything needed to desolder multi-pin surface mount chips. It's basically a low melting point alloy that, when mixed with the existing solder on a joint, keeps it molten long enough to release all the pins at once.
more information and instructions:
- 2.5 feet of the Chip Quik® alloy--enough for 8-10 chips
- 2 cc syringe of no-clean paste flux
- Alcohol pads for cleanup
- Complete instructions
- First, add ample paste flux to the pins of the target component. This will help the Chip Quik® alloy flow easier and also help to distribute heat.
- Flood all pins with Chip Quik® alloy.
- Continuously heat all sides of the chip until it can be pushed aside with tweezers
- Clean the pads with solder wick, or, as the manufacturer recommends, lots of flux and cotton swabs.
- Finally, use the alcohol pads to clean up any flux residues before attaching a new chip.